Tales From The Dark Side of Humor

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Bathroom

Hi folks. I walked into the Little Shop a few minutes late today, and after having had been on a train for about 45 minutes I had to pee. I walked from my office into our reception area, passing by the women's bathroom. The bathroom was under some sort of repair, so it was wide open for all to see the wonders it contained. It smelled like sweet perfume, there were flowers on the counter-top, and there were about three stalls for womens' use. Additionally, it was well lit, there is a huge mirror, and a very nice sink. All of these revelations were quite a surprise to me since the majority of people within our larger walls are indeed male. Why did the few women have such nice amenities?

I walked through the reception area to the other side of the front desk, and retreated to the men's bathroom. I opened the door to come face to face with a foul, just been shat in odor, and a very faint trace of very poor air freshener. There is only one toilet, one small sink, and a mirror that is always dirty. As I held my breath and nose from the foul stench, I did my business while noticing the nice brown marks that the previous user had left behind just for me. I left quickly, returned to my desk, and pondered what I just witnessed. A women's bathroom that is pristine and can accomodate 4 to 5 women who could anything imaginable that one would want to do in a bathroom (brush one's teeth, check make-up etc.), and a men's bathroom that is often locked because it can only accompany one occupant, with a stained toilet, and no space to procrastinate. When did women gain the upper hand in the potty war?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home