Tales From The Dark Side of Humor

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Vacations

Working in the little shop definitely has its perks sometimes. We get free lunch, we're paid for overtime hours(even though we are salary), and we get craploads of time off! This year alone I've taken my two weeks vacation, my ten sick and personal days, and my weeks off for Christmas and spring break! Not to mention, we also are given Fridays off during the summer. Not a bad deal! This summer I am taking some vacation time - I take off every Monday (which means I get four day weekends!), and only come in to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. It's been a great way to catch up with friends and to also catch up with stuff I neglected to do when my schedule was busier.

While I'm thrilled with the time I get, it doesn't even compare to the Director and Babs. The Director is currently on a week-long tour of south-east asia with her rich husband, soaking in the rays and the culture. She takes random days off throughout the year, as well as about three different weeks off for random small vacations when they arise. Babs, on the other hand, probably has more time off now that time on! She's off the ENTIRE month of August, and she had previously taken two weeks in July. That, in addition to her sick days, and holiday vacations, I feel like she's never here! But, I can't complain. What would I do with myself if I had a whole month off at home (cause that's exactly where her blubbery behind is right now)? I'd bore myself to death. So instead of being jealous, I choose to bask in the quiet of the office with a good movie, some music, and occasional work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home