Tales From The Dark Side of Humor

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Digression Part II

I hope some of you out there drink and get this. So, I spent this last Saturday at my parents' house as they were having a barbeque for some family. Anyhow, I saw some of my mothers younger cousins (they are close in age to me) who I am on and off close with. One of them showed me some pictures of another one of our cousins who lives in Canada right now. Let's call her Lisa. Anyhow, this picture was of Lisa and a really really dark skinned young man, and they were both dressed up in what look like prom outfits (she just graduated from high school). What was striking about the picture was the contrast in skin tones between the two of them - Lisa is mixed, Black and Indian with a fair complexion, and as mentioned before, her date was a none too attractive dark skinned young man. I looked at the picture and asked my cousin - "Who is this that Lisa went out with!!??" My cousin looked back at me with a smirk and said "Oh, that was her prom date, Johnny." "Johnny, huh?" I replied... "Yeah, his name is Johnny, but I called him Johhny Walker Black!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Prince Akeem said...

Johnny Walker Black. LOLOLOL. Reminds me of the first time I heard about Dark and Lovely. Absolute hysterics ensued and it persists to this day.

1:15 PM

 
Blogger The Quintessential Negro said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home