Tales From The Dark Side of Humor

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Temperature Control

Good day folks. I apologize for the long delay between this and my previous post, but this wannabe writer's been busy! Anyhow, don't you just love it when someone says something that is oh-so-obvious that you can't help but crack the hell up at their stupidity? One of the more interesting aspects about life in the little shop has always been how cold or hot is in the office. I, like most people I know enjoy a nice moderate temperature - one in which you can sit and do your work without putting on more clothing nor taking anything off. The Director, on the other hand, usually likes it cold, but since she has her own space, she can easily close her door to keep others from being subjected to her frigid temperatures. Babs, also likes it cold, but she unfortunately cannot keep her climate control to herself...

We are lucky enough to have central air conditioning in our building, which means that during the summer, while the rest of the world bakes, we enjoy a nice cool setting. The central air is usally good enough for me, but Babs, like clockwork, comes in sweating every morning and asks me to turn on our personal air conditioner that we have in the little shop. So lets recap - central air + personal air conditioning = cold as hell... I freeze my ass off in here every morning just to keep good old Babs from getting heat stroke in a 70 degree office. After a good hour or so she usually tells me that I can turn it off, but don't let her get busy doing anything active, because on it goes again.

Funnily enough Mrs. V came into our office this morning and commented on how cold it was. She, unlike Babs, is actually a very petite older woman, and I can see how she would always be cold. Babs, as a larger old woman, is usually warmer than most, and to me it makes perfect sense why the two of them always have opposite sensations of hot and cold. Mrs. V said to Babs, "I don't know how you can do it. It's freezing in here! How can you work in such cold?" Babs replied, "I don't know, but since I was younger I've always gotten really hot really quickly! I'm always sweating!" Have you been going through menapause since your 20's Babs?? Jeez, get a clue. The look in Mrs. V's eyes screamed "It's cause you're a fat fuck!" I quickly hid my head in my hands and cried in silent laughter as I continued to shiver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home